Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Appointment #1

Ok, I went. Here is how it went.
They checked my blood pressure 122/72 (I hope that is good), my heart rate, and asked me a million and one questions. When that was over, he let me know, that I am absolutely 100% a candidate to get the lap band surgery done. He said that I am so overly obese (I find its best to be honest with myself at this point), that regular diet and excersize isnt what I need. But to answer your question, yes I will have to be doing both at the same time as everything else.
Now I have about 8 more appoinments this month for the additional testing I need to get done before I can talk to the surgeon. Yay!!!
I will be meeting witht the surgeon that will be performing the surgery at the end of this month.
It will be done in L.A. at a surgery center. Im not sure on the date I am meeting him yet, but once I know Ill post it on here, so everyone can follow along. Then hopefully after that I will have a better idea about when I will be having the surgery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karla im so proud of you..... i know you have been wanting this for a long time and i already think your beautiful..... but good luck and i cant wait to paint this town red!!!!! Oh and you never talked about the wonderful co-worker that took you to your #1

LOVE YA
Brit