Thursday, March 26, 2009

Psychiatric Evaluation

So, yesterday I completed my Psych Evaluation. This was one I was kinda worried about. No I don't think I'm crazy, lol. Most of you know I suffered through depression for quite a while after I had Jaron, so I was concerned that they might think that I wasn't emotionally stable enough to handle the surgery.

He asked alot of questions of course. My two favorites were, at the beginning he told me three words that he wanted me to keep in my head and he would ask me about them later.... Red, Cadillac, and Farm..... No Problem, Gary has a Red car, he loves Cadillacs, and well Farm, I'm not sure how I used word association with it, but it worked. SO thanks... heheheh.. The other question that I loved was that he wanted me to count backwards from 100, by 4's. So I did. I got to about 60 and he was like, OK that's enough. And then stated how I was the first person in a long time that first didn't roll their eyes and say, ugh I hate math, and that I was quick about doing the little challenge.. That made me feel proud of myself (I love Math, and I'm great at number patterns). Anyways, obviously those questions didn't have anything to with the weight loss part, but he needed to ask them I guess. The other questions about weight loss were a little harder to answer. Especially the main one, of... What made me finally make the decision to have the lap band surgery. My answer is a basic one.... I got scared that I wouldn't be able to live long enough to see Jaron grow up. The hard part was saying it out loud. But I did. I tried to be as honest with him as I could. I figured if I'm not honest with him and myself, then I wasn't going to be able to help myself.

Now the good news...... He said I was a great candidate for the surgery and cleared me. YAY!!!!

I now only have one step to go. The Upper GI. I had some financial issues with Kern Radiology, so I am having to wait for payday to do that one. But once that is done, they will be submitting my information to my insurance company for approval.

I cant wait.

Ill be updating once I have more info. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

1 comment:

Merrimom said...

It sounds like you actually had a tad bit of fun at your appointment.? Hehehe....glad things are almost a go!