Thursday, March 5, 2009

Met the Surgeon Today

I met the surgeon today. He was very kind and answered all my questions patiently. He went over with me many of the types of foods that I will not be able to eat, and also the foods that I will still be able to eat. He explained the Realize band to me, how it works, some of the good things it does as well as the complications that can happen. He was very detailed. He gave me alot of information to take home and review.

He said once I get the testing done (he ordered more), then he will submit my information to the insurance company and then, once that is approved, we schedule the surgery. He said, depending on how long it takes me to get the tests done, I could be looking at surgery in about 6 weeks. Yay.

For the surgery, I will travel down to Los Angeles on a Monday (more than likely) and then go to a pre-op type class to get some understanding on what to expect. Tuesday he would do the surgery, and they would keep me overnight for observation. Then I would be able to go home Wednesday. THis was an example of course, because it hasnt been scheduled yet. I will be on pain medication for a minimum of 2 days he said. And NO driving during that time. So now I will just have to figure out, who will be able to take me and stay with me, and then drive me home.

I cant wait for it all to happen. I will update further soon!!!!

1 comment:

Merrimom said...

I want to take you and stay with you and drive you home! Dang it!