Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nutritional Evaluation

Had my appointment with the dietitian today.

I had to have a nutritional evaluation, to see if I qualify for the surgery as far as my efforts dieting and nutrition are concerned.

After a very long discussion, she said she would give my information to the doctor and that it looked good. We discussed everything that will change as far as what I will be able to eat once I have the surgery. Then she gave me some things to do in the mean time. I am to start a protein suppliment, that I will be on untill at least 6 months after the surgery. I am starting a multi-vitamin, and here it goes....... I have to have a minimum of at least 2 bottles of water everyday.. just to start off with. Yay... So it is now time for me to begin on this journey. I have to get myself off sodas before I have the surgery (unless I want to let one sit out all day and go completely flat.. but thats out of the question). That will be my biggest obstacle for now. I also need to cut the size of my portions. I know this might sound obvious to some of you, but its not always as easy as it seems.

The rest of this week, I have an abdominal ultrasound, a chest xray, an upper GI and I think thats it. (For now. seems like stuff keeps being added). THen in 2 weeks I have my psychiatric evaluation. (No jokes)... And then I should be on my way..Yay

Love everyone, and thank you for the well wishes about my grandmother.

2 comments:

Merrimom said...

You're going to be awesome! I know you can do it baby!

Anonymous said...

Great news Kar!!
So exciting for you. I know it will all work out. You are so determined.