Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Finally finished the last of the testing!!!!!

Today I went to my last pre-op test. (The upper G.I.) It was not a fun test... I had to drink 2 chalk shakes. (Not chocolate, but chalk) and also a shooter of some alkaseltzer tasting crystals with water. Ugh, I so wanted to get sick after. Once you have drank all that yukky stuff, they move the table up and down so they can watch with the machince how it goes down your esophogus. Not fun. I am soooo glad to finally be done with that. (Although, I will have to do an upper GI at least once a year or as needed).

Now that I have finished the testing, my Dr. will send my packet of results down to the surgeon, who turns it into the insurance company for approval.

Once my insurance company approves the surgery, the surgeons office will call me and set the date for my surgery.

Typically they said, it can take from a week to a month to get the date set.... SOOOOO.... once again we will wait.

Thank you to everyone who has been helping me get through all of this. Its been so frustrating waiting and testing.

And a special thank you to my friend Brittney. She took me to my very first appointment, so that I wouldnt be alone or chicken out to get started...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Muah

No comments: